Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mưa Phùn

In the Vietnamese language, mưa phùn means to drizzle. In Hanoi, Spring is the period when I think of the Hanoi Drizzle the most. It can go days on end without letting up and can seem interminable if you want to get out and do something. The local population says it is the weather of the poets. I guess they need the misery of the drizzle to get their artistic juices going.

It affects me the most on the motorbike. Not enough rain to force me to put on a rain jacket, but enough that when I get out in it, mud splatters onto my work clothes. There is something about the dirt in Hanoi that when it mixes with the drizzle on the road and gets into your clothes, it ain't coming out.

Thank God I am getting back on the road at the end of this week. We are in a good weather window for the southern region of Vietnam and I hear it calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment